Sunday, July 19, 2009

Thing #8

I've seen the word RSS before, but never knew what it meant. After watching the video, RSS in Plain English, it made it simple to understand that an RSS feed is like a one-stop-shop for all your internet news and blog needs.

Creating my own RSS feed in Google Reader was easy to do. Then I found some blogs and news sites I was interested in and copied and pasted the URL address to sign them up. I now have one place to read thses new items!

I like that I only need to go to one place to find lots of information. I also like that you only read the new information and do not have to scroll through the Web sites. This will save me a ton of time in my personal and work lives. Now I can actually stay current with current events and trends.

Anyone in a school setting could use this technology to find information in a faster, more convenient way.

No comments:

Post a Comment