Monday, July 20, 2009

Thing #10

I love Wordle! I was introduced to it several months ago at a librarian meeting in my district. I used it to create a Wordle of Dr. Seuss Quotes in honor of Dr. Seuss's Birthday/Read Across America Day. I also used it to make Wordles for all the Bluebonnet nominees for 09-10. I plan to post them somewhere in the library to create interest in reading the Bluebonnet books. What else that's great about Wordle is that you have free access to the images you create and other people's images.The only downfall is that you can't actually save the image on your computer. Students could use Wordle to make an autobiography or to write a summary of a book.

I also like Big Huge Labs site. It was a lot of fun to play on and the trading cards could be used for character anaylis. It was fun playing with the Make Visual Poetry page on Image Chef. Students could write poems and then turn them into shape poetry.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed Image Chef as well. I was able to make a cartoon me and a mosaic. I didn't make anything on wordle but I loved it was well. I didn't see the visual poetry but I like what you did. It is similar to the mosaic I did, same topic.

    ReplyDelete