Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thing #14

I'm not as fond of Technorati as I am of the other sites we have explored using tags. I just did not find it as user-friendly. There was a lot of type on each page. This made it distracting for me.

When I searched for "School Library Learning 2.0" in the different type of searches, I did get different results. When I searched in "tags," many of the Library2Play blogs came up. That was interesting!

Even though I find Technorati more difficult, I still think that tagging has value. I agree more with the creator of the delicious site. I read an article where he states that he believes that users should do the tagging instead of publishers because it is more authentic. (Of course, I can't remember where I read this, but when I find it, I'll link to it.) When I performed searches on delicious, I thought the results were more relevant to what I was looking for. This is where I think that users doing the tagging has benefits.

1 comment:

  1. The comment you liked about the consumers doing the tagging and not the publisher is in the article we were assigned to read as background #3 under Thing #14 instructions. I agree with the idea.

    ReplyDelete