Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thing #13

Delicious (and social bookmarking in general) is a practical idea. I don't know how many times I have been at work and needed a site I had bookmarked at home or vice versa. Now that problem is solved!

I like the feature where you can search by tags and then narrow it even more with additional tags.

This site is an excellent resource for all individuals in a school to share information. It could also be useful to use with students to share Web sites to use at home. It would also be useful to have students create tags for sites that they use related to the content/subject area.

2 comments:

  1. Brooke, I agree that social bookmarking is a practical idea. I personally use my Google bookmarks in class. As we learn about new websites and web resources I add them to my online booksmarks right then and there. It's nice to have them saved and organized, plus it limits the amount of note I have to take in class. I currently have all of my bookmarks on Google but I've been toying with the idea of switching over to delicious. The times that I have been on there I found it a bit chaotic, but that may also be becuase I'm not familiar with it. Do you use delicious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just learned about it during this 23 Things. I haven't tried Google Bookmarks yet. Maybe I'll try that one first and see which one I like better.

    ReplyDelete