Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing #11

LibraryThing is a wonderful tool. It was simple to use. I decided to catalog 6 of my professional resource books that I own. All 6 titles were found. Then I tagged each title under a category. I plan on eventually doing this for my entire collection of professional resources. Now when I need a resource for a certain subject or topic, I can easily find it without trying to remember what I own. I did check out some of the groups. There is a wide variety! I'm thinking about joining the graduate student group or the Librarians Who Librarything.

2 comments:

  1. Brooke,
    I agree with you that LibraryThing is a wonderful tool. I added all of my personal books and it was very quick and easy. Good luck when you begin adding the rest of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LibraryThing is the best. If you have a large number of books, check into getting a cuecat. It is $15 and reads the isbn numbers on 90% of all books.

    ReplyDelete