Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thing #16

I feel comfortable using Wikis after creating one for my midterm project for class. (Treasures in the Library Scavenger Hunt) I think Wikispaces is user-friendly and self-explanatory. I do get a little frustrated when trying to format items. Sometimes it just doesn't seem to want to cooperate!

A wiki would be a great tool to use with a team of teachers and the librarian to coordinate a collaborative project. Since time is the biggest constraint on collaboration, a wiki could be used at home and whenever the user has time. As shown in the Common Craft video, Wikis in Plain English, a wiki is much more convenient for making plans than trying to email everyone involved.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and I have visited it often. I love Wikispaces as well and find it very user friendly. I create my library newsletter using Wikispaces but I have not used it with students. I may try this fall with orientation. My scavenger hunt is rather physical. I like the idea you have with using the computer and creating searches for books and authors and subjects.

    Dorothy Allen

    ReplyDelete