Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thing #19

I was pleasantly surprised at how many Web 2.0 sites from the 2008 Web 2.0 Awards List I was already using either from class or from my personal life. There were still quite a few that I had not even heard of, so I had to check out some of the "fun" ones first before I looked at a site that I would actually use in my library.

I thought Lulu was a really fabulous site for all the services they offer. For an elementary school librarian, I especially liked the Aspiring Authors page. Students in grades K-8 can publish their own book and get a free copy of it. Then the school can sale more and make a percentage of the sales for a fundraiser. What a fabulous idea for a collaborative project with the librarian and a class or grade level!

No comments:

Post a Comment